The twelve weeks are over, and I can’t believe how beneficial this program has been to me. I wish all that craziness hadn’t happened towards the end of it, because that derailed me a bit (which I think is understandable, given the circumstances).
Here’s the kicker though — I had my annual physical last week, and I told my doctor about the program. She gave me an EKG for the first time in my life so I could get some additional data for this program. It turns out that I’ve made it through 26 years of life without anyone noticing that I have a minor congenital heart defect! And if it hadn’t been for the BetterU program, I may not have found out for awhile since many doctors don’t consider an EKG a standard part of a physical for people as young as me.
I have an appointment with a cardiologist next week to have an echocardiogram, just to make sure the rest of my heart is healthy. I’m sure it is; the chances of this being an indication of anything bigger are next to nothing because of my age and health habits (not a smoker or drinker, etc.). Nonetheless, I’m glad I found out about it. Thanks, BetterU!
By the way, my bloodwork was so fabulous that my doctor wrote notes next to my cholesterol numbers saying things such as “excellent!” and “this is great!” with big smiley faces. This is the first time I’ve seen this doctor, and I’m happy to say I have FINALLY found a doctor in Cleveland that I like!
Now how about we hear about the results?
Conclusions from the end of the 12 weeks:
1. I did a really good job updating every week until life went haywire for awhile there.
2. Despite this, I kept up my goals as best as I could and did a pretty good job at it, even when on the road, travelling, and in the midst of chaos.
3. I still drink too much diet coke, but much less than I did before the 12 weeks (oh Diet Coke, why must you be so addictive??)
Results from the end of the 12 weeks:
1. I lost between 8 and 10 pounds depending on which scale you go by (I have a feeling 8 is more like it, but I’ll take 10. Why not?)
2. I lost TWO INCHES of my waist at last count. I can’t find my measuring tape at the moment, so my last measurement was about two weeks ago now. Since there is no reason for my waist to have grown, it could even be a little bit more by now. I think that is super impressive!
I think I’m going to keep this blog and update it with my continuing efforts to live a healthier lifestyle. It has been a fun journey, far more beneficial than I expected, and I’m not ready to let it end.
How do the rest of you feel about the program?