I’ve decided that because week 5 was an absolute failure, I’m not going to be hard on myself and I’m going to give myself a second chance to get week 5 right. So I’m going to carry over the goals and get it right this time. To recap:
5 6 goals:
1. Add crunches/push-ups to my home fitness routine. I will do these twice a week instead of whenever I happen to remember, which is probably every 17-35 days. Harrumph, I say.
2. I WILL NOT LOSE MOTIVATION. If needed, I will seek motivation anywhere I can find if I feel my resolve weakening.
3. I will find and try out two new heart-healthy recipes this week.
I tested a new recipe tonight and it was a GIANT success! I’ll share for those who are interested:
-hot Italian sausage
1. Brown sausage in olive oil
2. Sauté garlic/green onions on high for about a minute. Add in all tomatoes and sauté until the tomatoes begin to wilt
3. Boil campanelle pasta. Dump out excess water when pasta is al dente
4. Mix sausage and garlic/green onions/tomatoes into the pasta
5. Dump in a whole lot of spinach and mix until the spinach is lightly wilted
6. Sprinkle feta cheese to taste
This recipe is DELICIOUS. Dan couldn’t get enough of it. He passed up on key lime pie shipped up from Key West to eat more pasta. There is no greater praise, people.
And finally, an old magnet of Dan’s that I found buried in the junk on our fridge:
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
So here is to the new week! It will definitely be more successful than last.